Online ExplorSchool Application Instructions & Eligibility
MITY seeks applicants who demonstrate both academic talent and a passion for learning. Students must be in grades 5 – 7 to be considered for admission. All requested materials are considered. Students who attended ExplorSchool in summer 2020 only need to submit an application and updated transcript.
Students may enroll in more than one course during a single session; however, it is important for students and families to consider the time required for each class and their other activities to ensure the student has enough time to complete all of their work.
1. Complete the Online Application for winter session.
Complete the Online Application for spring session.
2. Upload Required Materials. This can be done when completing the application or by emailing items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure all items are clearly labeled with the student’s full name.
- Current Transcript / Grades: Please include 2019-2020 grades along with grades from the current school year. (All Students)
- Short Student Essay: Write a 200-word essay about yourself, why you want to attend MITY and why you want to take the class that you selected. (New Students Only)
- Teacher Recommendation: Send this link to your teacher. They should submit the completed recommendation directly to MITY. (New Students Only)
3. Submit Payment or Financial Aid Form.
Methods of Payment:
a. Check payable to MITY. Please write the student’s name on the memo line. Send the check to: MITY, 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105.
b. Pay by credit card using PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account. Select the correct item(s) using the drop down menu. NOTE: To add course fees or additional students, select “Continue Shopping” before checking out. Please enter the student’s name in the space provided.
Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, or financial aid program.