For Rising 5th – 7th Grade Students
Your Summer of Discovery Awaits
MITY’s ExplorSchool provides rising 5th-7th grade students a unique opportunity to investigate new topics and dive deeper into their passions at a level that is challenging and motivating. Intellectually curious students take two classes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, enabling them to explore different disciplines, experience things that are not possible within a normal school setting, and forge new friendships.
At A Glance
Program Dates: June 14 - 25 (M – F) TENTATIVE
Program Hours: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Extended Care Hours: 7:30 - 9:00 AM and 4:00 - 5:00 PM
St. Paul Academy & Summit School - Randolph Campus, St. Paul, MN
- Full Day: $795
- Half Day: $440
- Extended Day: $80 before or after; $150 for both
- Financial Aid is Available
Ages: Students entering grades 5 – 7 in the fall
- February 1: Applications available (TENTATIVE)
- April 1: Financial aid offers extended
- NOTE: MITY accepts applications on a rolling basis
Application Fee: None (non-refundable deposit required with application)
- Half-day, full-day, and extended day options
- Over 20 unique course offerings designed specifically for advanced learners
- Master teachers who are creative and enthusiastic
- Small class sizes (each limited to 16 students) to ensure individual attention
- Field trips to places students would not otherwise typically visit
- Inquiry-based and experiential classroom activities so students stay excited about learning
- Opportunities for students to socialize with other children who love to learn
- Rec Time, a midday break when students can get outside, do crafts, or play games with a diverse group of peers
Before & After Care Options
- Supervised care is available for our families in the morning from 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM and after classes from 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Students can play games, read, or do crafts during this time. The cost is $80 for before OR after care, or $150 for both. Students who need extended care must sign up for the entire session; we do not have drop-in care available.
- A late fee of $15 per 15 minutes will be charged for students picked up after 5:00 PM. Your invoice will reflect if you have signed up for extended day.
- Students NOT enrolled in extended day need to arrive after 8:45 AM and be picked up promptly at 4:00 PM.
- Each day after lunch, students participate in a variety of activities that enable them to socialize with students outside of their classes.
- Led by MITY interns, students can choose quieter activities such as crafts (including painting, drawing, knitting, and making friendship bracelets), reading and board games, or more active things like soccer, basketball, and Capture the Flag.
- There are also opportunities to participate in group games such as Charades and Moose, time to get outside and enjoy Minnesota’s lovely June weather, and the option to participate in the annual chess tournament.
- This 30 minutes is vital to the success of student learning that occurs both before and after the break. After Rec Time, students return to the dynamic engagement of serious learning.
- ExplorSchool families are invited to visit classrooms on the last day of the session. Specific course information will be given by the teacher during the session.
- Parents and guardians are also encouraged to discuss class content and activities with their student throughout the program.
What do people say about MITY’s ExplorSchool program?
"This is the only program like this! The teachers know how to engage and challenge eager learners."
"The program provides a great environment for kids to work together and have focused study on topics that they aren’t able to spend much time on in a regular school day. The curriculum is challenging and fun."
"This is a fantastic program!"
"MITY is a great experience that everyone should experience!"
"MITY is a fun, inclusive camp that teaches new ways to apply knowledge learned at school."
"It’s awesome! I wish I could do it all summer."
"I love the program and am proud to be a part of it."
"I love working in the MITY program!"