Applying to Your Extraordinary Saturday
MITY seeks applicants who demonstrate both academic talent and a passion for learning. Students must be in grades 1 – 4 to be considered for admission. All requested materials (application and report card/grades) are considered. Students who attended the the most recent YES session only need to submit an application and payment.
There is no deadline for applying; however, classes fill fast, so we encourage parents to submit their applications as soon as possible. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- Complete Online Application (not currently available). Remember to apply early as classes fill quickly.
- Upload Report Card: We know that report cards for this age group take on many forms; all forms are accepted. You can upload grades with the application or email them to email@example.com.
- Pay Tuition or Submit Financial Aid Form. (see section below)
- Acceptance Email from MITY. Once MITY receives all materials and tuition payment, you will receive an official confirmation email. Please allow two weeks for MITY to review your completed application.
- Complete Health Form. All students must have a completed health form on file one week prior to the start of the session or they will not be allowed to attend class.
Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, or financial aid program.
Tuition & Financial Aid
YES Tuition Rates
- $160 per 3-week session
- $130 sibling discount
- Some classes require an additional fee as noted in class descriptions
- Tuition includes all instructional costs and materials. Students should bring their own snack for the mid-morning break and can purchase a juice box for 25 cents.
Methods of Payment
1. Check payable to MITY. Please write the student’s name on the memo line. Send the check to our address at 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul MN, 55105.
2. Pay by credit card using PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account. Select the correct item(s) using the drop down menu. NOTE: To add course fees or an additional student, select “Continue Shopping” in PayPal before checking out. Please enter the student’s name in the space provided.
MITY hires its teachers based on student enrollment in each course; therefore, we are unable to provide refunds to students who cancel within 7 days of the session start date.
For additional information, please see the table below:
|Prior to 30 days of session start date||100% refund|
|15-29 days prior to session start date||50% refund|
|8-14 days prior to session start date||25% refund|
|Within 7 days prior to session start date||No refund|
If MITY cancels a course before it begins, students will be placed into their second-choice class. Refunds are not provided once a session begins. In the unlikely event that MITY terminates a course during the session, MITY will consider the circumstances and may, at its sole discretion, issue a partial refund or credit.