Applying to Your Extraordinary Saturday
Apply now for winter session!
MITY seeks applicants who demonstrate both academic talent and a passion for learning. Students must be in grades 1 – 4 to be considered for admission. All requested materials (application and report card) are considered. MITY does not use test scores to determine eligibility.
There is no deadline for applying; however, classes fill fast, so we encourage parents to submit their applications as soon as possible. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- Complete the Online Application
- Upload Report Card. We know that report cards for this age group take on many forms; all forms are accepted. You can upload the student's most recent progress report with the application or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Fall 2023 participants do not need to resubmit this documentation.
- Pay Tuition or Submit Financial Aid Form. Payment OR a completed application for financial aid is required before an application will be reviewed. Payment can be made while completing the application or by mailing a check payable to MITY to: MITY, 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105. Students who are not accepted will receive a full refund.
- Acceptance Email from MITY. Please allow two weeks for MITY to review your completed application. See below for MITY's refund policy.
Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, or financial aid program.
Tuition & Financial Aid
- $170 per 3-week session.
- $140 for each additional sibling attending the same session.
- Some classes require an additional fee as noted in class descriptions.
- Tuition includes all instructional costs and materials. Students should bring their own snack for the mid-morning break and can purchase a juice box for 50 cents.
Go here to pay tuition or send a check made out to MITY to: MITY, 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105.
Financial aid is available for elementary students who qualify for free or reduced educational benefits. Go here to see if your student qualifies.
To apply for financial assistance, complete the Financial Aid Application and provide one of the following forms of supporting documentation:
- A copy of the official letter you received from your school district that states that this student qualifies for educational benefits for the 2023-2024 school year; OR
- The first page of your family's most recent federal income tax statement; OR
- A copy of the official letter you received showing that the child's household is currently participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
Students who receive financial assistance pay a reduced tuition of $45.
Families only need to submit a financial aid application once per school year.
MITY hires its teachers based on student enrollment in each course; therefore, we are unable to provide refunds to students who cancel within 7 days of the session start date.
For additional information, please see the table below:
|Prior to 30 days of session start date||100% refund|
|15-29 days prior to session start date||50% refund|
|8-14 days prior to session start date||25% refund|
|Within 7 days prior to session start date||No refund|
If MITY cancels a course before it begins, students will be placed into their second-choice class. Refunds are not provided once a session begins. In the unlikely event that MITY terminates a course during the session, MITY will consider the circumstances and may, at its sole discretion, issue a partial refund or credit.