Applying to Your Extraordinary Saturday
MITY seeks applicants who demonstrate both academic talent and a passion for learning. Students must be in grades 1 – 4 to be considered for admission. All requested materials (application and report card/grades) are considered.
There is no deadline for applying; however, classes fill fast, so we encourage parents to submit their applications as soon as possible. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- Complete the Online Application. (not currently available)
- Upload Report Card: We know that report cards for this age group take on many forms; all forms are accepted. You can upload grades with the application or email them to email@example.com. Students who attended the fall session do not need to re-submit a report card.
- Pay Tuition or Submit Financial Aid Form. Payment (or an application for financial aid) is required in order for an application to be reviewed. Payment can be made while completing the application or by mailing a check payable to MITY to: MITY, 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105. Students who are not accepted will receive a full refund.
- Acceptance Email from MITY. Once MITY receives all materials and tuition payment, you will receive an official confirmation email. Please allow two weeks for MITY to review your completed application.
Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, or financial aid program.
Tuition & Financial Aid
- $160 per 3-week session
- $130 for each additional sibling attending the same session
- Some classes require an additional fee as noted in class descriptions
- Tuition includes all instructional costs and materials. Students should bring their own snack for the mid-morning break and can purchase a juice box for 50 cents.
MITY hires its teachers based on student enrollment in each course; therefore, we are unable to provide refunds to students who cancel within 7 days of the session start date.
For additional information, please see the table below:
|Prior to 30 days of session start date||100% refund|
|15-29 days prior to session start date||50% refund|
|8-14 days prior to session start date||25% refund|
|Within 7 days prior to session start date||No refund|
If MITY cancels a course before it begins, students will be placed into their second-choice class. Refunds are not provided once a session begins. In the unlikely event that MITY terminates a course during the session, MITY will consider the circumstances and may, at its sole discretion, issue a partial refund or credit.