Your Extraordinary Saturday (YES)
For 1st – 4th Grade Students
A New Adventure Every Weekend
Your Extraordinary Saturday enables inquisitive, high achieving students in grades 1 - 4 to continue their learning outside of the traditional classroom. Courses are intentionally designed to inspire inquiry, activate imaginations, and engage eager learners in hands on discovery that is not possible within a regular classroom setting. While students are in class, parents are invited to listen to professional speakers on topics related to raising bright children, socialize with other parents, or visit a local coffee shop.
- Students take 2 unique classes every weekend
- Features content not covered in the regular school day
- Experienced and engaging teachers
- 8:1 student-teacher ratio to ensure all students get the attention they need
- Creative individual and group projects in every class
- Mid-morning snack and game break to socialize with new friends
Partnering with Families
- On the first two Saturdays of each session, MITY offers free seminars from esteemed speakers about topics related to parenting a bright and motivated child.
- YES families are invited to visit classrooms on the third Saturday.
- Specific course information will be given by the teacher during the session. Parents are encouraged to discuss class content and activities with their child.
At A Glance
2021 - 2022
- Fall Session: Cancelled due to COVID
- Winter Session: January 8, 15 and 22, 2022
- Spring Session: April 23, 30 and May 7, 2022
Program Hours: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Visitation School, Mendota Heights, MN
Ages: Students currently in grades 1 – 4
Cost: $160 per session; Sibling - $130; Financial Aid Available
- September 1: Applications available for Fall Session
- November 1: Applications available for Winter Session
- February 15: Applications available for Spring Session
- NOTE: MITY accepts applications on a rolling basis
- "Intelligence is not Executive Functioning" - Dr. Teresa Boatman, psychologist and president of the Minnesota Council for Gifted and Talented
- "Increasing Engagement and Success Through Creative Expression and Exploration" - Erin Boltik, Ed.S., Director of Gifted and Talented Programs and Services for Bloomington Public Schools
- "Navigating a Gifted Child's Educational Journey: Strategies to Support Parent-Teacher Collaboration" - Dr. Carol Hokanson, Social Emotional Learning Specialist with Mahtomedi Public Schools
- "Perfectionism and Procrastination: Roadblocks to Curiosity and Learning" - Tina Van Erp, M.Ed., Gifted Learner Coach, Learning Specialist and Teacher Trainer
What do people say about MITY’s Your Extraordinary Saturday program?
"All smiles and excitement about these Saturdays. We loved our experience!"
"MITY delivers interesting, challenging and growth mindset-based education."
"Your teachers are phenomenal!"
"I wish regular school was this cool!"
"I leave each week excited to come back. It’s awesome!"
"I love my teachers and always have fun."