Online Expand Your Mind Application Instructions & Eligibility
MITY seeks applicants who demonstrate both academic talent and a passion for learning. Students must be in grades 8 - 12 for school year sessions and ENTERING grades 9 - 12 for summer session. All requested materials are considered. Students who were accepted to ExplorSchool or EYM in summer 2022 only need to submit an application and updated transcript.
Students may enroll in more than one course per session.
1. Complete the Online Application (not currently available).
2. Submit Required Materials. This can be done when completing the application or by emailing items to email@example.com. Be sure all items are clearly labeled with the student’s full name.
a. Current Transcript / Grades: (All Students)
b. Short Student Essay: Write a 200-word essay about yourself, why you want to attend MITY and why you want to take the class that you selected. (Required if you were not accepted to MITY in summer 2021.)
c. Teacher Recommendation: Send this link (not currently available) to your teacher. They should submit the completed recommendation directly to MITY. (Required if you were not accepted to MITY in summer 2021.)
3. Submit Payment or Financial Aid Form. Note: Students not accepted will receive a full refund.
Methods of Payment
a. Check payable to MITY. Please write the student’s name on the memo line. Send the check to: MITY, 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105.
b. Pay by credit card using PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account. Select the correct item(s) using the drop-down menu. Please enter the student’s name in the space provided.
There is limited financial aid available for students applying to MITY’s programs. There are two ways to apply for financial aid:
- For Minnesota residents who qualify for free or reduced lunch: You are eligible to apply for the Summer Academic Enrichment Grant offered by the MN Department of Higher Education. You will need to complete the Summer Academic Enrichment Grant Form. You will need to include a copy of the free/reduced lunch qualifying letter you received from the student’s school in the fall.
- If you do not qualify for free or reduced lunch: You can apply for financial aid through the MITY giving program. Complete this financial aid form. You will need to include the first page of your most recent federal tax statement.
Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, or financial aid program.