Winter 2020 Program Dates
February 22, 29 and March 7
9:00 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Period 1
10:20 a.m. – 10:40 a.m. Break Time
10:40 a.m. – 12:00 noon Period 2
What to Bring
- A nut-free snack for break time. Juice boxes are available for 25 cents.
- A water bottle. Be sure to label with your child’s name.
- Students do not need to bring any supplies to class. (You may be contacted if a teacher needs something such as a shoe box or milk carton from home.)
Arrival and Departure Procedures
- Students should arrive at 8:45 a.m. with an adult. You will be given directions to a check-in location. If you have more than one student attending the program, please check in the oldest child first. Students will be dismissed to their classroom with their class intern at 9:00 a.m.
- A parent/guardian should pick up their child at 12:00 p.m. in the check-in location. It is important that you pick up your child at noon. Thank you.
Winter Session Parent Speakers (check back for updates!)
Week 1: February 22: Intelligence is not Executive Functioning
Discuss with Dr. Teresa Boatman the research and practical interventions for Executive Functioning skills as they apply to gifted learners.
Week 2: February 29: TBA
“I want to share our complete joy with your program! It exceeded our expectations on every level: academic, teacher interaction and knowledge, overall environment and peer interaction!”
Satisfied MITY parent
“This is a unique experience that helps prepare talented students to be future leaders by developing specific knowledge and skills. I’ve not found anything else like it. I can see how this sort of specialized, advanced training can really set kids up for success.”
“I have been going to MITY for six years and I contribute my self-confidence and self-love to the people and encouragement I found at MITY. If it weren’t for MITY I would not be who I am today. If it weren’t for MITY, I wouldn’t be comfortable with who I am and would have succumbed to the peer pressure to conform a long time ago. Thank you for everything!”