YES – Your Extraordinary Saturday
Students in 1st-4th grade
A new adventure every weekend
Winter 2020 Dates: Saturdays, February 22, 29 and March 7; 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
We are now accepting applications for our Winter YES program!
The YES program ignites the curiosity of young learners who have bright and inquisitive minds. Students discover new passions and do hands on exploration into topics not covered in their regular classroom setting.
This program provides students:
- Two classes per three-week session;
- Participation in both engaging cooperative and stimulating independent environments;
- Exceptional teachers who are inspiring and enthusiastic;
- Small class sizes (limited to 15 students) to ensure individual attention so each student feels welcomed to learn;
- Unique and experiential classroom activities that help students stay excited about learning;
- Opportunities for students to socialize with other children who love to learn.
We also believe in the importance of partnering with families through the following:
- Free seminars on the first two Saturdays from esteemed speakers about topics related to parenting a bright and motivated child;
- YES families are invited to visit classrooms on the third Saturday;
- Specific course information will be given by the teacher during the session. Parents are encouraged to discuss class content and activities with their child.
YES seeks applicants who demonstrate both academic talent and a passion for learning. Students in grades 1 through 4 during the 2019-2020 school year are considered for admission. YES students are put into two groups: 1st and 2nd graders are together and 3rd and 4th graders are together.
MITY does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, or financial aid programs.
There is no deadline for applying; however, classes fill fast, so we encourage parents to submit their applications as soon as possible. Decisions are made on a rolling admission basis. To check if a class is full, go to Classes or call 651-696-6590.
The YES application process has 3 parts:
1. An application form which you complete and submit online.
2. Report card. We know that the report card for this age takes on many forms; all forms are accepted. You can upload grades with the application or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. *NOTE: Students who attended the Fall 2019 Session do not need to do this step.
3. Tuition Payment: $150 (Sibling payment is $125). Tuition includes all instructional costs unless there is an additional course fee noted next to the course title. It does not include a snack. Students should bring their own snacks, and can purchase a juice box for 25 cents. Payment can be made online at the time of application or mailed to MITY at 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify for partial tuition. See below for details.
Cancellation policy: Before February 14, families will receive a refund of $100. There is no tuition refund after February 14.
YES Tuition Payment
Tuition: $150 (Sibling tuition is $125)
Some classes require an additional $25 fee as noted next to the class title. Tuition includes all other instructional costs and supplies.
Financial Aid is available for partial tuition. To apply for financial aid, send a copy of your district letter for Free/Reduced lunch via email or mail.
Methods of Payment
- Check payable to MITY. Please write the student’s name on the memo line. Send the check to our address below.
- Pay by credit card using the PayPal link below. You do not need to have a PayPal account. Under YES tuition, select from the drop down menu. If you want to include siblings or need to pay a class fee, you can add to your cart at check-out. Please enter your child’s name in the space provided.
All students must submit a health form before they can attend the YES program.