YES – Your Extraordinary Saturday
Students in 1-4th grade
A new adventure every weekend
Fall dates: Saturday October 28, November 4, 11, 18, 2017
Our youngest learners have bright and inquisitive minds. Packed into four consecutive Saturdays, the enrichment opportunity built into YES ignites curiosity within its students. Students discover their passions in exciting, new classes ranging from Crime Scene Investigation to Musical Theater and Bridge Building to Minecraft.
This program provides students:
- Two classes per session;
- Participation in both engaging cooperative and stimulating independent environments;
- Exceptional teachers who are inspiring and enthusiastic;
- Small class sizes (limited to 15 students) ensure individual attention so each student feels welcomed to learn;
- Unique and experiential classroom activities that help students stay excited about learning;
- Opportunities for students to socialize with other children who love to learn;
- Parent seminars from esteemed speakers about topics related to parenting a bright and motivated child;
- Family involvement: YES families are invited to visit classrooms on the 4th Saturday.
Thank you for your interest in MITY’s YES program. Our next session of YES begins Saturday, October 28, 2017.
The application process is open for our Fall YES program.
How to Apply
YES has an application process which includes submission of a student’s grades and application. Young students in the program take two classes, and the application is reviewed for the particular classes to which the student is applying. YES seeks applicants who demonstrate both academic talent and a passion for learning. Minnesota Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, or financial aid programs.
Students in grades 1 through 4 during the 2017-2018 school-year are considered for admission. YES students are put into two groups, 1st and 2nd graders are together and 3rd and 4th graders are together.
There is no deadline for accepting applications. But, classes fill fast, so we encourage parents to submit their applications as soon as possible. Decisions are made on a rolling admission basis. To check if a class is full, go to Classes or call 651-696-6590.
The YES application process has 3 parts:
Application form which you complete and submit.
Report card from the end of last school year. We know that the report card for this age takes on many forms. All forms are accepted. You can upload the grades or email the grades to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition Payment: $175 (Sibling payment is $150) Tuition includes all instructional costs. It does not include a snack. Students should bring their own snacks, and can purchase a juice box for 25 cents.
Cancellation policy: Before October 1, families will receive a refund of $125. There is no tuition refund after October 1.
Financial Aid is available for partial tuition. See below for details.
Financial Aid is available for partial tuition. To apply for financial aid complete the FA form and include a copy of the first page of your 2016 tax return. Both the FA form and tax form will need to be sent via mail, or scanned and emailed.
YES Tuition Payment
Tuition: $175 (Sibling tuition is $150)
Tuition includes all instructional costs and supplies.
Method of Payment
- If you pay by check, make the check payable to MITY. Please write the students name on the memo line. Send the check to our address below.
- You can pay by credit card using the PayPal link below. You do not need to have a PayPal account. Please enter your child’s name in the space by the PayPal link below.
- Cancellation Policy: Families who cancel before October 1 will receive a refund of $125. There is no tuition refund after October 1.