YES – Your Extraordinary Saturday
Students in 1-4th grade
A new adventure every weekend
Our youngest learners have bright and inquisitive minds. Packed into four consecutive Saturdays, the enrichment opportunity built into YES ignites curiosity within its students. Students discover their passions in exciting, new classes ranging from Crime Scene Investigation to Musical Theater and Chemistry to Magical Magnets.
This program provides students:
- Two classes per session;
- Participation in both engaging cooperative and stimulating independent environments;
- Exceptional teachers who are inspiring and enthusiastic;
- Small class sizes (limited to 15 students) ensure individual attention so each student feels welcomed to learn;
- Unique and experiential classroom activities that help students stay excited about learning;
- Opportunities for students to socialize with other children who love to learn;
- Parent seminars from esteemed speakers about topics related to parenting a bright and motivated child;
- Family involvement: YES families are invited to visit classrooms on the 4th Saturday.
Thank you for your interest in MITY’s YES program. Our next session of YES begins Saturday, October 28, 2017. The application process will open in early August.
How to Apply
YES has an application process which includes submission of a student’s grades and application. Young students in the program take two classes, and the application is reviewed for the particular classes to which the student is applying. YES seeks applicants who demonstrate both academic talent and a passion for learning. Minnesota Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, or financial aid programs.
Students in grades 1 through 4 during the 2016-2017 school-year are considered for admission. YES students are put into two groups, 1st and 2nd graders are together and 3rd and 4th graders are together.
There is no deadline for accepting applications. But, classes fill fast, so we encourage parents to submit their applications as soon as possible. Decisions are made on a rolling admission basis. To check if a class is full, go to Classes or call 651-696-6590.
Using the Apply Now button below, you will be asked to create an account in our MITYhub portal. This will allow you to access the correct forms and pay tuition. After being accepted, this portal account will become the place to share messages with MITY staff, see class-only coursework and much more.